Replace or Repair Your Teeth with Bridges and Crowns
by Dr. Pastiu – Sewell NJ Restorative Dentist
Are you embarrassed to smile because of a missing tooth or teeth that are damaged, chipped or cracked?
Dental bridges and tooth crowns are a popular dental treatment that is used to replace missing teeth to make your smile look great again. Porcelain tooth crowns can be used to repair damaged and cracked teeth so your smile looks completely natural.
Why Choose Tooth Bridges and Crowns?
- To replace a missing tooth (or teeth) that makes it embarrassing to smile.
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth.
- To fill unsightly gaps and spaces between your teeth.
- To turn your badly damaged smile into a bright, white beautiful smile!
How Tooth Bridges and Crowns Work
Porcelain tooth crowns require just two visits:
- Your first appointment with Dr. Pastiu includes preparing your tooth, taking an impression of your tooth, and attaching a temporary tooth. Between your two visits our dental lab will create your custom tooth restorations according to our specifications.
- Then, in your second appointment we will remove the temporary and permanently fix the porcelain restoration to your damaged tooth.
Tooth bridges also take just two visits:
- Your first appointment with Dr. Pastiu includes analyzing your teeth so a “fixed dental bridge” can be prepared that exactly fits your smile. Between your two visits our dental lab will create your custom dental bridge restoration according to our specifications.
- During your second visit, a fixed bridge will be used to “close the gap” that your missing tooth (or teeth) has created by adding a new porcelain tooth (or teeth). Hidden clasps are used to secure the tooth bridge in place and attaches to crowned “abutment” teeth on either side. A bridge is permanently attached (cannot be removed, won’t slip) and with care, it should last you about ten years.
The result of tooth crowns and bridges is a complete “smile makeover” that will make you look and feel great.