Repair Cavities with Natural-Looking and
Non-Toxic Porcelain Tooth-Colored Fillings
by Dr. Pastiu – Sewell NJ Restorative Dentist
Everybody gets cavities
Fortunately, today’s modern porcelain tooth fillings allow you to get your teeth repaired without the toxic and unsightly metal “silver amalgam” (mercury) fillings of the past.
Tooth-colored porcelain fillings are a durable and strong tooth-colored “composite resin” that looks completely natural like your original teeth for an attractive smile.
Why Choose Porcelain Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- To repair a tooth (or teeth) which have become damaged from cavities.
- For a white, natural-looking alternative to silver metal fillings.
- For a non-toxic alternative to toxic mercury “silver amalgam” tooth fillings.
- For a strong and durable porcelain tooth-colored filling.
- To repair your decayed teeth and/or replace “metal mouth” fillings for a great new smile!
Before and After Photos of Porcelain Tooth-Colored Fillings
How Porcelain Tooth-Colored Fillings Work
Porcelain tooth-colored fillings require just one visit:
- First, your teeth are examined to determine the repair needed and the color of your natural teeth.
- Then a composite resin will be matched to your tooth color to make your new porcelain tooth fillings match your existing teeth so they look completely natural.
- Dr. Pastiu will place the composite resin into the hole left by the cavity. A special light will be used to harden or “cure” the composite resin.
- Then Dr. Pastiu will sculpt the resin to match correct shape of your tooth for optimal appearance and bite. Dr. Pastui will polish it to look exactly like your natural tooth.